What is Cold Reading For Business (CRFB)?
Cold Reading For Business (CRFB) is about taking some cold reading techniques and applying them to contexts such as sales, management, negotiation, teaching, therapy and so on. In other words, every context under the sun except giving personal readings.
I've been teaching CRFB since 2008. I used to call it ACR (Applied Cold Reading) but I've changed it to CRFB. My students have come from all over the world and from just about every walk of life you can think of.
Here's a simple, informal way to think about CRFB.
Consider what happens when someone goes to see a tarot card reader. If the reader is any good, then within about 20 seconds she will manage to do all of the following:
- make the client feel welcome, and at ease
- make the client feel valued and important
- established some credibility (in the eyes of the client) by making a few correct statements
- established her role, i.e. how she wants to be perceived
- identified with the client’s situation, problems, cares etc.
- started to create an atmosphere of trust and co-operation i.e. good rapport
- created a positive tone, offering some comfort and hope
CRFB is about learning how to do all these things and more, just as quickly, in business and professional situations. I believe it's the fastest, surest way to establish good rapport with prospects, clients and customers, and when used correctly it works almost like magic.
There are other modules within CRFB to do with advanced communication techniques but they are subsidiary to the main purpose, as explained above.
- - -